Saturday, February 2, 2013

More on crocheted rag rugs

This is my latest rug I'm making.




 I can only do so much on it and then I have to set it aside to give my hands a break. Lately I've been waking up with my thumb on my left hand completely stiffened up in the morning. I'm not sure if it's arthritis, neuropathy or fibro that is causing it, but it takes most of the morning before I can bend it properly again. Knitting doesn't seem to put as much stress on it because I use the continental style of knitting and so use my thumbs and fingers less than if I were to be using the English style.
The only pain medication I seem to have any luck with is ibuprofen. Anything stronger only makes me nauseous and then I'm in just in pain and throwing up. I would rather deal with the pain, use gentle exercise, and apply heat than medicate myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment