Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Are knitting and jogging in the same catagory?

I found this interesting article while I was browsing the internet tonight. http://blog.gaiam.com/blog/can-knitting-give-you-a-runner%E2%80%99s-high/

It all has to do with neurotransmitters. We trigger the same chemicals in our brains that people who run do. I know that when I'm in a room with no distractions and I'm knitting, I get into a kind of buzz where I'm just relaxed and knitting like crazy.

My favorite line in the article is: "One caveat? Don’t try to do both simultaneously. It’s difficult (and potentially dangerous) to operate an elliptical machine while knitting!" I seriously considered knitting while walking on the treadmill, but thought better of it while looking at my pointy needles and just read knitting books instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment