Sunday, November 16, 2014

More Stuff about the Health Benefits of Crafts

I happened to come across the following news article from CNN and thought I would share it. http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/25/health/brain-crafting-benefits/
It's about anxiety and PTS and how crafting can help. I figure a lot of us chronic pain sufferers might also have these types of diagnoses as well.

I've been on a doily kick for the past couple days.
I haven't done much work with thread lately other than flower buttons, but I really started missing it. While crocheting with thread and small needles is harder on my hands, it's also more engaging and distracting. I really have to concentrate on what I'm doing and not so much on pain. While I sometimes can't do that, when I can, I like to make doilies and lace that take a little more work. There is usually more variation in stitches and some of the patterns are pretty difficult to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment