Saturday, November 8, 2014

Coping with Hand pain

So today's blog post is about coping with pain, particularly hand pain. I've been dealing with this quite a bit lately. It doesn't help that the holidays are almost upon us and I'm rushing to get gifts done. When I should be taking a break every so often, I find myself pushing to get done and trying to ignore the burn in my thumb.

So....I started researching ways to cope and, pf course, the first thing I keep finding is to take frequent breaks to let your hands rest.

Here are a couple articles on coping techniques for your hands:
From Lion Brand Yarns, a nice article giving several suggestions to help, along with a link to buy some gloves that help with support for arthritis.
 http://blog.lionbrand.com/2012/02/24/5-simple-ways-to-relieve-prevent-hand-pain/

This article from About.com gives some great suggestions also.
 http://knitting.about.com/od/knittingsafety/a/knittingrsi.htm


A couple pics of things I'm working on right now:



Yes... I have way too many WIP's going on. I decided that I really love working with thread after doing a pile of button flowers and so started the doily yesterday. The afghan is my "to big to take anywhere" project. I also have one sock of a pair done and need to finish those up as well. The socks are for John because he was claiming cold feet again. LOL The flowers are being made for my friend, Latoya, for her to make bows with, the blanket is for my couch (yes, occasionally I make things for me.LOL) and the dish cloth is a gift that is still in the process of being a set.



No comments:

Post a Comment