Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sore hands

The worse thing about fibromyalgia and any chronic pain issue is when it affects the things you love to do. Right now its about knitting with pain in my hands. If it were just a matter of being in pain when I'm doing something that is a hobby, it would be different, but I'm trying to supplement my income with my knitting and my sore hands are getting in my way to my goal. I really want to get this knitting business going and I'm trying to ignore the pain while taking a bunch of medication to ease it as much as I can. Yesterday I took the strong stuff and fell asleep while I was knitting. ugh!

I'm working diligently on a dog sweater. I finished one yesterday and started this one in the morning. It has a cable knit design on the collar that took me a while to figure out. The design wasn't difficult, but the pattern that I'm following in a book from the library had a mistake in it and I kept ending up with the design on the wrong side of the work. I figured it out, but it took me some time. I ended up having to delete a row completely to do it.

Well, back to knitting

Peg

No comments:

Post a Comment