Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Me and technology = disaster


Sorry for not posting for so long. I haven't been good about keeping up my blog, but I have been doing a little knitting the last couple weeks. I'm working on a pair of gloves after finishing a pair of socks a while ago.
I'm not liking the way the fingers turned out, but they actually look better when worn. I'm working on the other glove now. I got the yarn from my Aunt Andrea and I love it! Its a brushed DK weight yarn and she gave me some in this icy blue color as well as a pretty lavender and black.

My fibro has been pretty under control lately. I am having regular flare ups, but they aren't as long or as painful as they were a year ago. I find that stress is a huge factor in rather I'm going to flare up or not. Swimming every evening is a great way for me to help keep my flare ups from being too much to handle. It also is helping me to increase my range of motion.

Our household is chaotic at times, but I love it. Having younger room mates helps to keep me active and busy. We enjoy playing Dungeons & Dragons together a couple nights a week and we invade the swimming pool in the evenings.

My title to my blog is because I was fighting with my camera yesterday, trying to get a picture of my gloves to download on this blog. First, I found that my camera doesn't have the cord I need to download pictures from it to the computer. I asked Steven about it and he said I had a chip in my camera that I could take out and insert in the computer tower to download the pictures. Well, the tower's slot that you put the chips into didn't light up or work. So then I got the great idea that I could load the picture onto my Nook from the chip, then transfer it to the web directly from the Nook. I couldn't figure out how to do that after trying for a while. I did manage to load the picture onto my computer from the Nook, however, so I then decided to download it to the blog. My internet decided to go down while I was downloading it! We had no internet yesterday from around 2:00pm and lasting the entire night. I was grateful to find it working this morning and was finally able to download the picture. Jeeze!!!!! Way too much hassle to get a picture up!
My next project...A Jayne Cobb hat! My friend, Bec, posted a note at her work place that I make and sell them and someone contacted her that they would like one! Yay!!

Finished gloves:


No comments:

Post a Comment