Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Yet another pair of fingerless gloves

You would think I would figure out that taking pictures at night isn't such a good idea. They all turn out looking like the same colored yarn for each one. These gloves are actually dark green with a white accent.

I decided to do this pair with partial fingers instead of making them into mitts. It takes a little more work, but they seem to sell better. I usually opt for the mitts so I don't have to do battle with holes between the fingers. However, I appear to be doing better in that regard. This time I don't see any gaps, and I used worsted weight yarn. If I can continue with that I will be really pleased. I know I can revise the gauge and make them with sock yarn, but they take longer and are more expensive to make. Not a good option for things I sell. I made this one, now I need to make its mate and then put them on Etsy to sell. 

I started doing chair yoga today for my fibro. I managed to make it through an entire month on the treadmill and now I'm ready to add a little more. I figure the yoga will help with flexibility and I plan to do it every other day and change it out with some weight training on the other days. I'll see if that will give me the strength and flexibility that this darned illness takes away. I am determined to fight my way back to the best health I can manage. I went from being in a wheelchair all the time to walking twice a day for 20 minutes at a time. My goal is to get to a point where my energy and strength are good enough to make it possible to start working again. I know I can do it, I just have to be smart about it and work towards it in babysteps. 

Now I just need to get my sleep problems ironed out so that doesn't drain my energy so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment