Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A little hectic here lately

Things have been busy here, but it's all been good stuff. I took a break from gloves (mid pair, like I always seem to do) and made a wash cloth. Hmmm....let me start from the beginning.
We got new room mates....no....before that...


We got a new cat. Morgan came into our lives a month ago and has settled right in. He's big, real big, and bushy and black and is very regal until someone rustles his food bag. Then he becomes a spaz. 
Then we had room mates move in. Zasha and Siobhan moved in after they decided to try this area out for jobs. They are long time friends of ours and it's been very pleasant having them here. They put up with our eccentricities very nicely! 


I'm still working out on the treadmill every day and have been at it for two months now. I even decided I needed to treat myself for my hard work and picked up Sims 3. So when I'm not knitting, exercising, or trying to keep up with my housework, I'm populating Sim worlds.


As far as my fibro goes, the exercise helps me keep my pain levels in check, but I did get a little absent minded this last week and missed a doctor appointment. I have my painful moments, don't get me wrong, but I seem to get through them with a lot less stress now.  


This week John (that's my son for all of you who don't know me) is coming for a visit and will be staying for a month. That means lots of Dungeons & Dragons! I already have a Gnome character all made up for our game. Speaking of Gnomes. These are some glasses Chelle bought me a while back. 
I'm somewhat fond of Gnome stuff.


The washcloth that I was speaking of a few paragraphs ago is for my new room mate, Siobhan. We all made a trek to Hobby Lobby the other day and purchased yarn. I got two skeins of "I Love This Yarn" cotton yarn for wash cloths and two skeins of  "I love This Yarn" acrylic yarn for children's gloves.


Here is the finished wash cloth. It's made with size 9 regular needles and is a simple seed stitch with a garter stitch border. Nothing fancy, but it's extremely soft. Washcloths are also a great project when you need something simple that you can knit while you meditate.  One of the nicest cotton yarns I've found that is so inexpensive.

I have some more that is in a tan with orange and brown speckles. I plan to make another cloth for Chelle.


That's about all I have for now. Have a nice Leap year!

No comments:

Post a Comment