Monday, February 13, 2012

Yay!! New projects!

I can safely say that I have been one busy knitter! Before I post pictures, though, I would like to discuss the following nifty things. First, I have been reading! LOL I read two books in particular that deal with issues about my fibromyalgia. I keep reading about stress relief being a huge part of controlling pain and have been delving into the idea of knitting being used for meditation. A good book I found on the subject is "Mindful Knitting" by Tara Jon Manning. Another great read that I found has more to do with keeping a positive attitude while dealing with adversity and that is "Get Off Your 'But', How to End Self-Sabotage and Stand Up for Yourself" by Sean Stephenson. 


My other piece of news is that I finally took the step towards advocacy and wrote letters to my State Senators in behalf of the National Fibromyagia & Chronic Pain Association. It was to get them to go to a meeting that discusses the need for the Senate to take some action towards making life more livable for people with chronic pain issues. I've been wanting to get more active for fibromyalgia causes. 


Now...about knitting.LOL I got my Etsy shop back up and going and put a few things up for sale. Here are some of the things I've been working on:


These are some gloves I made and put on Etsy. I used Wool-ease yarn that I had in my stash. 


This is a dog sweater I finished quite a while ago and finally got around to putting the button on it. I also have it up for sale. 2bits hates me. She hid for hours after I forced her to model.


Some child sized gloves that I made. I started these before Christmas and got sidetracked with making gifts so they didn't get finished till February. I have them up for sale on Etsy right now also.



Finally, these are what I'm working on right now. I'm going to make this pair of gloves with partial fingers. I'll try and get a picture of them up after I'm finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment