Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Price of Not Paying Attention

So, here I sit, late at night, knitting away. I'm dealing with back pain tonight and I managed to zone out on knitting and Sims when it suddenly occurred to me that I just put the thumb stitches for the glove I'm working on in the wrong place, not over the thumb gusset. I had already finished the thumb and cut the yarn.

So I ended up having to splice the yarn and remove the thumb stitches from the wrong place. I then started the thumb over the gusset like I should have to begin with. When I got to the area of the splice, I found that I didn't like the way the yarn was separating so I tried to make sure the fuzziness was on the inside. I dropped a stitch and it ran. I was beginning to get frustrated, but I worked the yarn back up with a crochet hook and it was going fine till one of my needles dropped out and now I had four more stitches that were loose and threatening to also run. Ack!!

I managed to save the thumb, but I felt it was a really good example of the difficulty of knitting with Fibro. Fibro fog and pain can really take your concentration away from your work and make some difficult saves. The good thing that I got out of all of this was that I was able to save the thumb and continue the glove. A couple years ago I would have had to chuck the glove and just start from fresh.

Now lets just hope the gloves are nice enough looking to sell or give away after all of that.



No comments:

Post a Comment