Thursday, November 10, 2011

Eep! Its been that long?!

I've been an awful blogger. Hopefully there isn't a Blog Police Force or I'm busted! I have several projects that have come up, been knitted, sold, and moved past. I finally decided that I won't get rich by knitting.LOL I have been selling my knitting on e-bay and on another auction site called Listia. I sell my items usually on e-bay, but never for as much as I want. I'm lucky to meet the buy it now price when people bid on it and I have never had anyone actually "buy it now". Listia is just plain aggravating. I put my items up, they go for a fair amount of points, but when I try to use the points to purchase yarn, it never happens. I always get outbid. All I've managed to win were some buttons and a set of knitting needles that I really didn't need to begin with. Even letting people know that I'm using the auctions to finance a charity doesn't seem to matter.
Soooo, my next thing is to try Yardsellr, a site that pays cash (or paypal) for things you would normally sell on a yardsale. We'll see if I can get enough from my knitting there to help. In the mean time, I'm doing all this knitting and so far have donated nothing. It all goes to making money to get yarn to make money!?
I refuse to get frustrated. I will not stop. I have a facebook group that is just for my charity and I have a following finally! Maybe I can make something happen from this. Maybe I need to stop putting up auctions and start concentrating on making stuff to donate for a while. It will definitely make me feel more appreciated.LOL. This is what I'm working on right now:
These gloves are made from Caron Soft Yarn and I decided to put fingers in them. I'm pleased to say that what holes there are between the fingers are small enough to not be noticeable this time.



These are the gloves that I'm auctioning off right now. They are actually handwarmers, but a lot of people just call them fingerless gloves:



I knitting a bunch of other things and didn't keep the pictures.LOL A couple of Jayne Cobb hats and some socks and gloves. Lots of fun!

Well, I should stop blabbing ... oops blogging, and get some actual knitting done.

No comments:

Post a Comment