Monday, June 20, 2011

Starting out

This is my first addition to my new blog so I need to introduce myself. I'm Peg. I live in a little apartment with my adult daughter and two friends in Henderson Nevada.

I'm 52 years old and have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia as well as osteoarthritis, diabetes, heel spurs and plantar fasciitis, neuropathy, and...well you get it. So you might get the idea that I sit around and moan and groan a lot. Not true. I actually consider myself pretty darned active for all that.

My hobbies include knitting, crocheting, sewing, cooking, gardening, swimming, and walking. I share my life with my family and friends and that includes my little dog, 2bits. I am separated from my husband, but still keep in contact with him.

My biggest love is knitting. I knit as a form of therapy as well as just to get my creative juices going. I have to really watch my money though, since I'm unable to work right now, but I have found some pretty darned imaginative ways to get yarn and keep up with my hobby. My biggest love as far as knitting is concerned is making socks. For some reason I get all proud of myself every time I make a sock and it turns out looking... sock like. Don't get me wrong, there have been some that didn't look quite there.LOL Fibro fog will do that to you.
I'll share some of my finished projects and also some works in progress (wip) as I blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Peg,
    My name is Jessica. I belong to the family of Carol (Karen from Utah who visits Becca and Jesse). She sent me the link to your blog because I like to knit and I too have fibro (and RA and high BP and depression, etc.) Auntie Carol showed me the wristlets that you knitted for her. They are very pretty! I've enjoyed perusing your blog. Thank you for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Jessica! I love to meet fellow knitters, especially people who deal with some of the pain issues that I deal with. I can certainly understand what you are going through and I hope that you also find some relief and distraction through your knitting!

    ReplyDelete