Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Another article about the benefits from knitting and crocheting

I keep finding more and more about the therapeutic benefits of doing knitting and crocheting. As I search for ways to help with anxiety and relief from the stress of dealing with a chronic pain illness, I find that I already have it in my knitting.  http://lansingjournal.mi.newsmemory.com 

I recently moved back into a shared household with my daughter and son and I'm finding the stress over finances to be overwhelming at times. Add to that the stress of trying to use the VA as my primary medical provider and you have a recipe for anxiety. Enough so that I attempted to get into the VA for a mental health appointment (a whole story behind that attempt with a VA that is overcrowded and likes to double book appointments and my daughter's truck that likes to have issues with overheating at inconvenient times). As a result, I've been doing more reading on self help and on ways to meditate and keep down stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment